The mission for professional development at Schuyler Community Schools is: Ensuring Learning for All. The Standards of Professional Development as created and published by Learning Forward (formally the National Staff Development Council) are used to help us establish and maintain continuous professional learning.
Schuyler Community Schools has built in collaboration time into the calendar this year. During this time, teachers and administrators will be engaged in Professional Learning Communities in which they will work to create a guaranteed and viable curriculum that answers the four questions of a PLC:
1) What do we need students to know and be able to do?
2) How will we know if they know it?
3) What are we going to do for students who experience difficulty?
4) What will we do to extend and enrich learning for students who already know it?
- Curriculum Template
Use this template to create your PLC curriculum.
- Curriculum Template Instructions
This is a detail explanation about filling out the curriculum template and the philosophy behind it.
- Team Feedback Form
Fill out this form at the end of each meeting. Submit through email to your building principals and to the curriculum director. Please use Adobe and not Preview to fill out your form.
- PLC Guidebook